You will quickly notice that there are thousands of things that can distract you from living a life fully devoted to Jesus Christ, but it doesn’t have to be that way, distractions don’t have to rule your life.
One of the biggest problems that I see is that so many of the distractions for a Christian can be found in the home, where you probably spend most of your life, where most of your possessions reside, where you go to escape many of the pressures of the world and where you find your greatest comfort.
Since we have already talked extensively about having an organized schedule to help you with how you manage your day for an undistracted Christian life, I thought it would be appropriate to talk about how to organize a home (whether is a house, an apartment, a van or a boat does not matter) to show you that you can arrange things in a way that demonstrate that the layout of your home is aligned with your life’s priorities.
Over the course of the next few week’s I’ll be talking extensively about the big and little things that are in our home and how to consider if how you organize them is helping your focus on Christ or if they can be improved.
Here is a list of subjects that I plan to talk about over the course of the next few weeks in this blog series:
- Introduction: The Spiritual Benefits of Organizing Your Home
- What Needs To Be Organized For A Better Spiritual Life
- Dedicating Your Organizational Strategy To God
- How To Evaluate Your Home’s Organizational Needs
- Which Things At Home Are Distracting You From Christ?
- Where To Begin Organizing Your Home
- How Organizing Fits In With Your Schedule
- Communicating Your Spiritual Organizational Needs
- How To Prepare To Organize Your Home
- A Room By Room Organizational Breakdown
- How To Have A Perpetually Organized Home